Thursday 3 October 2013

October begins with a bang.


Yellow Browed Warbler Holme Norfolk (c) Bark



Great White Egret (c) Terry Sherlock

Distant Bittern (c) Pat Galka
I turn my back on the moor for a couple of weeks and birds start to appear. Most notable is the Great White Egret that is currently on Greenaways and on Ashgrave. A Bittern is being seen regularly over the reedbed and a pair of Gooseander appeared last week. Both the Egret and the Gooseander are new species for the year and coupled with the Common Gull I found just before I went away our year list now stands at one hundred and fifty two. thanks to T.S. for the pics of the Egret and to Pat Galka for the one of the Bittern. I include a picture of a Yellow Browed Warbler photographed in Norfolk last weekend as I hope we will manage to track one down on the moor this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment